Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
No MG/Rover

2262 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2016-05-19 09:20:38

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    jessjames
    2016-05-18 14:12:25
    I have just bought the new MS906 i work on a lot of MG Rover vehicles both new and old and have found out Autel does not support them. Why ? there are so many on the roads there is obviously the software there as the Chinese ones will support the vehicles. 

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    jessjames
    2016-05-18 18:30:35 (Reply to:jessjames)
     Please could someone from Autel let me know as if this is not going to be an added feature the machine is going straight back. supporting manufacturers i have never heard of yet not supporting one of Britain's biggest selling cars !!!!! 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-05-18 19:39:26 (Reply to:jessjames)

This question was asked here before and the answer was the MG, Rover is not supported and it is not in there list for supporting it..............

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-05-19 07:14:17 (Reply to:jessjames)

As Ashraf as told you, Autel is not planning to add this brand. You have to see that there is no more new vehicles from this brand to Europe or US. 

So that is normal, that they don't add. 

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    jessjames
    2016-05-19 07:31:37 (Reply to:Pedro)
     MG are still producing vehicles I have 4 customers 1 has an MG 6 the other 3 are the MG 3 with the MG 3 becoming a very popular car in the UK as you do get a lot for your money. As far as the older vehicles go all other diagnostic providers support then, Launch, mac tools, snap on etc. when you buy a diagnostic tool for £1650 its not like its a £30 ebay bargain basement jobbie you expect it to support this type of vehicle. The brand was sold to the Chinese the copyright for the aes system and the pektron system is dead now I can download software on the net to communicate with them granted you still have to configure it to the hardware but goes to show how easy it would be for autel to knock together some software to talk to them. 

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2016-05-19 07:58:48 (Reply to:jessjames)

I understand your position. Even, yesterday I had client that need to do Rover.

You know there is others features and brands that are more important for the world market.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    jessjames
    2016-05-19 08:07:51 (Reply to:Pedro)
     I understand this and it shows there is a demand for it to be added I just cannot understand why it isn't as it would be so easy to add it. I have 3 friends (also garage owners) who are looking at getting the autel all of them deal with mg-rover including cars before it was sold and current vehicles. autel does the software for the freelander, mg-rover use basically the same system, same engines, bcu etc. Its like Autel just cannot be bothered. This month MG made record sales and dealerships are popping up all over the place. Autel supports things like ssangyong that I haven't ever seen on the uk roads. 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-05-19 09:20:38

As Pedro said there will be no more newer cars from MG and Rover and at this stage we are puttiing more time and energy on newer vehicles development.

What more, our engineer tested MG cars by using Land Rover software before, many MG cars can't be supported. And also relatively speaking, the internation marketing share of SSangyong is bigger than MG from worldwide.
  Total1 Pages